Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mama's - SF

My first trip abroad came with the excitements of new place, shopping and all the amazing food I heard San Francisco is home to! My first two days went by pretty ok with the exception of Cheesecake Factory which was yum, but having landed in SF that very day did not allow me to enjoy it as much.

But my first sunday in SF, I woke up at 6am as a result of early to bed on Saturday! Since I had skipped dinner on Saturday I was starving and decided to check what Yelp recommends for breakfast in SF. I stumbled upon Mama's. Nestled right in front of the Washington park and 2 blocks from the crookedest street, this was an amazing find! I reached the place at 7.30 as Yelp had warned about how the line gets longer as the day passes but the line was already long when I reached and the place hadn't even opened yet! Very popular place indeed! But I was one of the first few so I got a table within 15 minutes of the cafe opening.

Their Egg benedict was recommended, but since I don't eat ham, I ordered an egg florentine and the very popular French Toast sampler! And it was an amazing choice!

My first ever egg florentine and it was brilliant! The eggs were cooked right and the hollandaise sauce was AMAZING! Even though it was my first taste of the sauce it was just so good! I literally cleaned the plate! Next came the French Toast sampler! What can I say! 3 pieces of bread - a walnut bread, Cinnamon bread and banana bread French toast with strawberrys (yum!), blueberrys and syrup! I couldn't finish this but I wish I could! It was so bloody brilliant! See the pictures to believe it! That was the best breakfast I have ever had which gave me energy to walk around the whole of San Francisco!








No comments:

Post a Comment