Thursday, October 31, 2013

Naivedyam - HYD

Naivedyam is the place I go for home food. It's the only place in Hyderabad where I have had wholesome food with no doubt that it is food made with love. It always feels like I'm in the owner aunty's house and she's cooked me fresh phulkas and savoury dal. That's how you will feel when you go to Naivedyam. 

Naivedyam has been around for 10 years nestled in a commercial complex close to Green Park hotel in Begumpet/Ameerpet area. When I first moved to Hyderabad, my friend took me here for dinner and I just fell in love with the food. It is pure unadulterated ghar ka khana. Proof is in my pictures below - I was so in a hurry to eat the delicious food that I remembered to take pictures half way through my meal!

Start with their masala papad. This is our standard order even before we sit at our table. It's a huge thin pepper papad topped with fresh and spicy masala of cucumber, tomatoes and onions. 

Their parathas are thick and full of the filling of your choice. Potato and paneer are the popular fillings and the parathas are not oily at all as in other restaurants. Have these with some thick boondi raita and pickle and imagine your lovely home. You might miss your home but no worries, the food will comfort you.

Some of Naivedyam's popular dishes are the dal (plain dal tadka or my favourite, chilli powder laced kolhapuri dal) which is perfectly seasoned with tomato for acidity and cumin seeds and red chilli tempering. Another must try is their bhindi do pyaza. Fried okra and onions topped with a mix of amchur (dry mango) powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and chilli powder. Eat these with Naivedyam's perfect, soft, thin phulkas! They are the most requested and people come during weekends just to pick up phulkas for their Sunday lunch. You won't be able to have just 2 but 4 because they are that good - by far the best in town!

The service here is also impeccable. I can't remember any time our server got our orders wrong because if you are a regular and in a group you end up ordering tons of dishes at one go. So the next time you are missing simple home food, head to Naivedyam, have their regulars and you will feel at home!


Location: Begumpet
Timings: 11AM - 4PM, 6PM-11PM
Cost for 2: Rs. 300
Taste: 9/10 
Service: 8/10
Ambience: 7/10 


1 comment:

  1. http://hyderabadiveggi.blogspot.in/2014/02/bombay-juice-center-abids.html

    ReplyDelete